Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rose Par Rimtui

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" is a commonly quoted part of a dialogue in William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet
Here I am, writing about roses, never in my wildest dream i would've imagined  this, me sissy- no... but appreciating beauty where it is due.  
I have googled a number of sites whether rose have smell or not, some have written that roses do have smell in the early morning, but this smell dissipates once the sun comes up and the day goes on. 
I did smell some of the roses below, but couldn't recognized any sweet fragrance leave alone any odor coming out from those roses. Even my civilized nose is clueless. Who knows the day is already late ( mid-afternoon), but will try it once again in the early morning. Many of us would've heard this mizo song "rose par rimtui" which would be translated as the sweet fragrance rose, i was thinking the second part of this word , the rimtui or the sweet smell. I rest my case here, maybe they indeed have smell or not, but the sheer beauty of this flower is worth the look.
**update: i did smell those roses early this morning, indeed they have this peculiar fragrance
 
Now's the season when the roses are in full bloom, see this spectacular sight in the little garden of mine, i feel i should immortalize this in a blog. These photos are taken today with my primitive DSC H50, not editing , presenting as it is. I chose the image option as Original, the pages overshoots. 

Let me end this with a note of  apology - It's been ages since i'm inactive in this blogsphere, am still waiting for the day when i would regularly blog new post like so many others., just letting you know that i'm trying to improve on this front





No comments:

Post a Comment